The goal of the Ultra Race of Champions is to create the Championship Event for the sport of Ultra Distance Running. As the Ultra Running Trail Championship event, UROC encourages more corporate support in the form of financial incentives to Ultra distance trail athletes. As the saying goes; “If you built it, they will come”: UROC will provide the visibility and media support necessary for corporate sponsors to fully back the sport of ultra running, benefiting the athletes, other events, and the trails and lands that these events are held on. The UROC Board of Directors will provide incentives to Elite Ultra runners from around the World.
- Elite Runner Advisory Panel
- Geoff Roes
- Ellie Greenwood
- Ian Sharman
- Devon Crosby-Helms
- Michael Wardian
- Dave Mackey
- Neal Gorman
Elite Runner selections
- Winners of the four USA Grand Slam 100 Mile races
- Top Ten Male and Female Ultra Runner of the Year vote recipients
- Ultra Tour de Mont Blanc Champions
- Other USA and International Ultra Distance Races, including, but not limited to: Hardrock, Angeles Crest, Bighorn, Spartathlon, The Bear, Davos, Massanutten, Cascade Crest, White River, Badwater, Tahoe Rim Trail, American River, San Juan Solstice, Rocky Raccoon, etc.
What the Elite runners are saying about their participation in UROC:
- “There is a growing demand for a trail ultrarunning event that celebrates and encourages as many top level runners as possible to come together on the same trail, on the same day, to compete in a true championship style race. In UROC I think we finally have an event with a desire and a commitment to meet this demand. I can't wait to toe the line in September with the field of elite runners this race will draw.” - Geoff Roes, Ultra Race of Champions "UROC", Board Member and Elite Athlete Liaison. Western States 100 Mile Course Record holder and Two Time Ultra Runner of the Year
- "I am thrilled to toe the line with some of the country’s best!" - Dave Mackey, Current USATF 100K Trail Champion & Too many other achievements to list ;-)
- "Should be a competitive one!"- Karl Meltzer, More 100 mile wins than anyone on earth, currently 29
- “This race is an amazing opportunity to run in a beautiful place with an amazing collection of talented ultra runners. I must admit, that the idea of running through mountain trails in the midst of the cradle of our American Republic brings chills up my spine. I can’t wait!” - Andy Jones-Wilkins, Perennial Top Ten Finisher, Western States Endurance Run, Three Time winner of the Vermont 100 Miler
- “The level of competition in U.S. ultra trail racing has reached a new zenith. Additionally, athletes have more race options to choose from scattered across the country than ever before, however many of the fittest and fastest ultrarunners seem to want only one thing: competition. UROC is a great response to the growing chorus for a championship race. Best of all, runners of all abilities are encouraged to join the fun. I can’t wait for September 24th to roll around and watch UROC unfold from the rear!” – Neal Gorman, Ultra Race of Champions "UROC" Elite Runner Advisory Panel. Record Holder, Grand Slam of Ultra Running
- "I am interested to hear about the formation of UROC to offer an opportunity for competitive ultra athletes to be encouraged to toe the line on the same course. The opportunity to gather and push each other to best performances is exciting and I hope to be there ready to run." - Krissy Moehl, Two Time Winner Ultra Trail du Mont Blanc
Ultra Race of Champions "UROC"
- The goal of the Ultra Race of Champions is to create the Championship Event for the sport of Ultra Distance Running
- The Ultra Race of Champions will bring together the best ultra runners in the World on one course on one day and for runners of all abilities to share that course with the best of the best
- Substantial Cash Purse to attract the Top Ultra distance runners from around the World
- Provide additional incentives for the best Ultra Runners in the World to compete in a true annual Ultra Championship event
- The out and back course has been designed around incredible single track trails (featuring the Dragon's Back Trail) and varied terrain to challenge all
- The 100K distance is perfect to challenge all ultra distance runners
- Media/Spectator friendly course
- Real Time race coverage throughout race day to encourage spectators from around the World to follow UROC!
- Lower altitude course for those without time to acclimatize
- Course located near major airports
- September date allows for runners to enjoy great weather and be in top condition
Unlike Championship events in other sports, the Ultra Race of Championship will be open to runners of all abilities, continuing to promote the close culture of ultra running.